This week in SVR history:
1963, the Ensign at RAF Bridgnorth was lowered for the last time.
1970, the SVR collected several tons of used wagon timbers from Bescot, for us in replacing the treads on the station footbridge.
1998, 24105 LNER Gresley Teak entered service following restoration including conversion to a wheelchair open third.
1860, Chief Engineer Sir John Fowler reported that the contractors were in possession of 34.5 miles of land and that between Hartlebury and Bridgnorth over 9 miles of formation was ready for the permanent way.
1970, the rails on Hay Bridge were removed as work began to replace rotten bridge girders.
1972, two days of filming for a Walls Ice Cream commercial with 3205 and four GWR coaches, and 46443 and four LMS coaches. 686 Lady Armaghdale was used for shunting.
1983, the concrete deck of the new bypass bridge was poured.
2008, following the storm damage the previous year, the first section of line between Bridgnorth and Hampton Loade reopened for passenger services.
Data courtesy of the svr wiki