On 2 March 1985 75069 had its first main line outing in preservation. Having been built in BR’s Swindon Works in 1955, it was appropriate that the Red Dragon tour’s route was Newport, Swindon and Gloucester.
75069 is a BR Standard 4MT 4-6-0, designed by Robert Riddles. As a Standard 4MT its use was mixed traffic on secondary routes, and was one of the final batch allocated to BR Southern Region, but after just 11 years in service it was withdrawn in September 1966. Its tender carries 4,250 gallons of water, and some 7 tons of coal.
Also on 2 March, in 1974 Highley signal box was brought back into use, with the commissioning of the token equipment according to the Electric Train Token regulations.